Friday, April 30, 2010

Another sickness, Another visit to the doctor

Yep, you guessed it, Logan is sick again.  This time his sickness has left him speechless and with another ear infection.  That makes it his fourth ear infection since he was born less than 4 months ago.  What gets me, is he is such a happy boy, most of the time (he is a boy you know).  Like right now, for instance, he is sitting on my lap smiling at me and playing with his toes.  If you were to just look at him you would not be able to tell that he is battling another sickness.  Maybe that is because he has been sick more days than he has been well, since he was born.  It seems that just when we cut back on the medicine and start to do more family things, go shopping, go to the park, or just visit with family he just gets sick again.  I am absolutely frustrated with all of this.  If you are sick, do you go and hold an baby...NO!  I will be very pushy on the subject for now on.  If you want to hold Logan, you MUST wash your hands and sanitize them...END OF STORY!  It is just so disheartening to see him cough and cry with no sound coming out of his mouth.  I love my little man and I just wish I could wave a magic wand and make him all better. 

The doctor did recommend another blood test.  This time this one will check for immune deficiencies and cystic fibrosis.  Let's hope they both come back negative....now I have to wait until Monday or Tuesday to find out answers.  Here's to my little mans strength and courage!  Love you little mister!

No comments:

Post a Comment