Labor Day weekend, we went on our annual camping trip to Munds Park (just south of Flagstaff). This time last year we were taking an infant that was still nursing and just barely rolling over. This year we took a very active toddler with us. At first I was a little nervous about taking her, especially since I am pregnant and can't move as fast as I used too. So if she is near danger (aka, camp fire, sharp rocks, sticks, any animals)I might not be able to "save" her. Well needless to say she did fantastic. We had an absolute blast! She stayed away from the camp fire just fine. All we had to do was tell her "hot" and she would repeat "hot" if she got near it then she would back off.
Since we did not take the dogs this year, Ashlyn's favorite activity was following the dogs from the other campsites. I have never seen a kid get so excited over dogs before...she would wake up yelling "I want doggies"! Stickin' cute if it weren't for 7am ;)
Ashlyn also enjoyed sitting in the "big kids" go-cart and pretending to drive, with her friend Colton by her side. (Derek also took her in the go-cart while I was napping)
We did get a little rain while we were there...checkout how cute she is in her raincoat!
Playing forrest golf with her buddy Colton!
No comments:
Post a Comment